VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em !

338K views 532 replies 88 participants last post by  tyfnfvw 
#1 ·
The fourm is slow. There has to be some owners out there who are not posting. Lets try and Liven it up

See less See more
#213 ·
Re: (xSWINDLERx)

To do this properly on this old girl, it will be around $3000 to get the coils, struts/ shocks, springs, misc bits, and the camber plates. Then its going to be another $200 for the upgraded mounts for the rear diff and motor mounts (already upgraded the trans mounts).
This doesnt included figuring out which brakes I want to put on based on what wheel size I can fit once shes lowered. I WILL NOT ROLL THE FENDERS, NOR TRIM THE FENDERS.
Shes German, not a rice burner, remember that. No need to slam her to the ground to own you at the track

Tighten things up a bit, add some power, a little driving skill, and thats a deadly combination.

#216 ·
Re: (loxxrider)

Quote, originally posted by loxxrider »
i did coils for 1k

buck up

if you want details just PM me. There is a thread on MG.

I have read it, $3000 setup is a little different than what you have, some of the parts, like the sturts and shocks, camber plates, springs, bushings, have been speced out.
I planned this out w/ the help of Haydn.
That said your setup is trick and Id like to see more pics, that of the setup installed (from under the hood, through the wheel archs, etc)

#217 ·
Re: (boostAbear)

Quote, originally posted by boostAbear »
I wanna know HOW on EARTH you would EVER speng 3k on coils and whatnot for these cars...
And yes you dont need to slam it to the ground to handle good, but they sure do look good hammered aha.

You use adjustable gas shocks, a dual spring (main spring w/ helper spring), very very good camber plates, an upper strut bar that is designed for those 'special' camber plates, and dont forget those delrin bushings.
And how do we spend that kind of green on these cars. Two part answer, one we failed our last physc eval, two the T44 shares a lot w/ the C3 aka the UrS4 and UrS6 and those cars still have a large aftermarket following. hope that makes sense.

#218 ·
Re: (oldsklaudidub)

Quote, originally posted by oldsklaudidub »

I have read it, $3000 setup is a little different than what you have, some of the parts, like the sturts and shocks, camber plates, springs, bushings, have been speced out.
I planned this out w/ the help of Haydn.
That said your setup is trick and Id like to see more pics, that of the setup installed (from under the hood, through the wheel archs, etc)

Yeah, I assume you are talking about 2bennett. I'm sure their setup is a little better engineered than what I've got, but I dont think its 2k better.
I'd take more pics but my friend broke one of my lenses for my camera. I'll try and get some in the wheel arches, but I wont be able to do it with the wheels off because I dont have the time or equipment to do much while I'm at school. Under the hood it looks stock. I didn't even touch camber.
I am a believer in camber doesn't wear tires...toe does. So I will have the car aligned and that should take care of it. Tires shouldn't wear prematurely at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.