VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Pic Post - 5000.100.200 and V8's... Lets see em !

338K views 532 replies 88 participants last post by  tyfnfvw 
#1 ·
The fourm is slow. There has to be some owners out there who are not posting. Lets try and Liven it up

See less See more
#179 ·
Re: (thehomemade1)

dang thats kinda sad... I hope the new owner takes good care of it and keeps it gangsta

Seems like a great price for it! I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I knew and/or had more money...and if I didn't already have a 20v...which just got slammed tonight

cant wait to see what you have in store for the new car!

#181 ·

Quote, originally posted by thehomemade1 »
^^^ pics now please

here are some posts from my thread over on motorgeek

first of all, I cleaned that exhaust mark off of the bumper after these pics lol
second of all, these pics kinda suck until I can get my other lens fixed (my friend was an idiot and broke it when he was borrowing it). I have to stand really far away with the lens I have now just to get the car in the shot. It looks a little reverse raked in the one pano, but its not really at all. Remember, the front can come down another 2.5 inches, but I'm not for now because my exhaust hangs too low and I dont want to have to worry about it.
Better pics later

Went to the track today to watch my uncle get some instructional driving time...I took a pic or two of mine when I was there and I think the front has already settled a bit. Looks nicer now

#183 ·

Thanks

I actually got the exhaust spot off with degreaser today (for the most part) but have no fear...it will come back in the next month lol.
The suspension is completely custom and built by me and my buddy Tom Sewell (and some very helpful guidance from some friends over on MG)
Basically its bilstein sports, custom eibach coil springs to my spec, some coilover sleeves, collars, and top hats from A1 racing, custom rings to mount the sleeves on made by me, and a lot of thought that went into making it all fit.
Only spent about $180 more than a regular suspension setup (struts and springs), and have full height adjustability anywhere from slammed on the ground to nearly stock height.
If you'd like more details feel free to PM me...also check out the thread on motorgeek. Its loaded with details about the final setup...just takes a bit of searching thru the 40 + pages, but its mostly towards the end.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB...ight=

#185 ·
Re: (J-Rivers)

Thank you again for the compliments...it really means a lot to hear that kind of thing from you guys after all the hard work thats gone into it!
I rode around on them without the suspension for about 6 months, so they fit just fine before.
They do rub a tiny bit when the suspension is all the way compressed, but its just on the fender liners which I may modify a bit so that it doesn't happen. The nice thing is that even with it so much lower, it doesn't rub as much with this suspension because its so much stiffer. When I took it out, I found out the old suspension was blown out of its mind.
The ride is very nice though. I expected it to be teeth chatteringly rough, but the bilsteins are the saving grace of the setup. Its firm, but not unpleasant. Even my 60+ year old father with a messed up back said its not that much worse than his unmodified (suspension wise) E36.
Anyway, wheels are 18x8.5 and 18x10 et 55 and 50 respecively. BUT I have some serious wheel adapters on it. 32mm in the rear and 26mm in the front bringing the final offsets to 23 in the rear and 24 in the front. I've yet to decide if I like where the fronts sit (offset wise), but I'll know once I drop it down a bit lower. The rears are absolutely perfect with the amount of stretch they have. Otherwise they wouldn't fit.
Tires are 255 35 18 in the back and 225 40 18 in the front.

#194 ·
GAH! 2.7tt? Crazy.

#198 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by J-Rivers »
i just added a new to me 1993 quattro V8 to my fleet. it needs some small things and some tlc but it is one slick ride. i will post some pics soon.

Thats awesome, I really want one when I can afford a second car. I want it on bags and with a frame hitch so I can tow my little whaler with it

#199 ·
Re: FV-QR (loxxrider)

Quote, originally posted by loxxrider »

Thats awesome, I really want one when I can afford a second car. I want it on bags and with a frame hitch so I can tow my little whaler with it

You can have mine! its on my 200. We can wheel and deal homie!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.