Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2008 Audi A3 2.0T / 2011 BMW Z4
      04-08-2007 11:37 PM #1
      Pulled this code after I did a TBA (I believe it didn't go as it was supposed to) and Tiptronic transmission adaptation (engine block 063 / Automatic transmission block 000)
      After I did both, I went for a drive to do some grocery shopping, when I came back, the car needed longer time to start than usual eventhough the engine was warmed up.

Headed back home and checked for codes (didn't have a CEL though) and this is what came up (look below for the code)

So I went ahead and checked 060 and it seemed like the TBA process didn't go too well so I redid the process correctly and cleared the code and drove around for longer. The code didn't pop up again. Anything up with this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday,08,April,2007,18:47:22
      VAG-COM Version: Release 607.3-UD

Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 LQ
      Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT G 0005
      Software Coding: 07550
      Work Shop Code: WSC 00000
      1 Fault Found:
      17972 - Throttle Actuator (J338): Under-Voltage during Basic Setting
      P1564 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

2. 04-09-2007 08:45 AM #2
      I had this problem yesterday, My battery is pretty dead and will not hold a charge. If you do a TBA with low battery voltage it is all messed up when the car is running 14v. The car drove all jerky, and had trouble controlling RPM.

I charged it up for a few hours, re ran the tba and it was fine.

Cars
      A few...
      04-09-2007 09:36 AM #3
      i get this all the time, its like a phantom code or something, if i reset the ecu and do not do a tba right away i get it. So i always have to reset and then immediately do a tba.
      Project GTi-R:. '04 R32 Chassis w/ 1.8t transplant in the werks
      '01 Audi TTQ Roadster: QED motor, Pag 35R vband, spec twin, enormous amount of go fast
      '03 GTI: Gutted, Parted & Transplanted
      '04 F250 6.0: 72mm turbo, 60 psi stupid fast for 8k lbs, sold to ejg3855
      '13 F150 Ecoboost: Ordered, Rec'd, Triple Black, Tow Truck for other Vehicles.

Cars
      2008 Audi A3 2.0T / 2011 BMW Z4
      04-09-2007 09:42 PM #4
      Sounds like it was related to my TBA process not going through successfully. I passed all the readiness and haven't gotten this code so far
      Thanks for the help

5. 03-11-2010 12:49 PM #5
      Hi guys, am new on vw's, but am having a similar problem, i have a 2001 1.8t jetta, aut. and i've been having this problem since a bought the car, i already changed the throttle body three times , i know dont get mad this was because thats what the guys thought but the problem has never been solve, it ran maybe a month ok the suddenly, the same and it always started with a code regarding Secondary Air Injection system, now here's the thing a was reading your posting and your saying that a bad battery could do this mess the voltage and the throttle body, cause my car has since i bought it a rela cheap battery the first time i did my self the scann i turn the key for about 5 to 10 max with out pulling the parking brake so the lights werent on the battery went dead!!!!!! but the car if your driving it ther's no sing that the battery is bad,......

Cars
      2001 1.8T AWD Jetta
      03-11-2010 03:46 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by Mauisio »
      Hi guys, am new on vw's, but am having a similar problem, i have a 2001 1.8t jetta, aut. and i've been having this problem since a bought the car, i already changed the throttle body three times , i know dont get mad this was because thats what the guys thought but the problem has never been solve, it ran maybe a month ok the suddenly, the same and it always started with a code regarding Secondary Air Injection system, now here's the thing a was reading your posting and your saying that a bad battery could do this mess the voltage and the throttle body, cause my car has since i bought it a rela cheap battery the first time i did my self the scann i turn the key for about 5 to 10 max with out pulling the parking brake so the lights werent on the battery went dead!!!!!! but the car if your driving it ther's no sing that the battery is bad,......

Thats a huge asssssssss run on sentence...

I just started getting this code as well. For a few days before the CEL popped startups took longer.

Tried clearing the codes (I had the car running) and that code wouldn't clear. So I turned the car off and did a TB alignement. Code went away and it has been working great.