VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Fuel pressure up to 55 PSi....help

23K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  rhussjr 
#1 ·
Folks,
If I'm not wrong, VR6 runs at 3 bar (43.5 PSi) of fuel pressure, I have a Fuel Pressure Regulator but it do not come under 55 PSi @ idle ..... pls help, it is a 95 GTi

Modified by Mr_Long at 5:03 PM 1-15-2007

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Fuel pressure up to 55 PSi....help (CDJetta)

Maybe I wasn't clear enough...
Can't get the fuel pressure to go under 55PSi, no matter wich way I turn pressure regulator....i dont know if this is a VR6 issue but maybe any of yoou can really help me or give any good ideas.

#5 ·
This may help.

The part number on the stock unit is 0280160507...thanks in advance

#7 ·
Re: (sun98gtiVR6)

You can read on the stock pressure regulator that it say 3.0 BAR
1 BAR = 14.5 x 3 = 43.5 PSi

#9 ·
Re: (sun98gtiVR6)

well sun....I just don't know maybe someone in here can let us know and at the same time help me

#10 ·
Re: (Mr_Long)

Quote, originally posted by Mr_Long »
This may help.

The part number on the stock unit is 0280160507...thanks in advance

if that's your engine bay then i think you should try to take the adjustable fpr out and then test pressure if you already haven't tried that.
50 to 60 pounds is about average for almost any gas motor.
diesels run in the thousands!

#12 ·
Re: Fuel pressure up to 55 PSi....help (VgRt6)

After...but I'll remove the adjustable FPR and will messure to see what happens.

#13 ·
Re: Fuel pressure up to 55 PSi....help (Mr_Long)

A 1995 OBD1 will have a 4bar (58psi) regulator which will give you that pressure with the car running and the vac line disconnected fromt the FPR.
There is no way to LOWER the pressure with the stock 4 bar regulator in there. It can only RAISE the pressure above what the installed fuel rail mounted regulator is. You could switch to a 3bar (or lower) and then tune it from there.

Modified by need_a_VR6 at 12:08 PM 1-16-2007

#14 ·
Re: Fuel pressure up to 55 PSi....help (need_a_VR6)

But the stock FPR is for 3.0 BAR at says on it...but if 55 is ok, no pro...THANKS A LOT

#16 ·
Re: Fuel pressure up to 55 PSi....help (Vr6Jamesgti)

Not all Mk3 have 4 Bar (only the early OBD1 cars had 4 Bar and not all of them had it), OBD2 cars have 3 Bar. So his is possible to have a 4 Bar which would explain the pressure at idle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.