Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      12-27-2006 09:27 AM #1

When we first heard the idea of an RS 4 Cabriolet for the U.S.A., it made a lot of sense. Consider these facts:
      1.) The U.S.A. is the #1 market for the Audi A4/S4 Cabriolet. With markets like L.A. and Miami, that fact may not be surprising. Each is just a bit sunnier than sun-drenched and warm (note sarcasm) markets such as Frankfurt or London.
      2.) When the B7 line goes down and begins to be re-tooled for B8 production, RS 4 production will theoretically stop. However, Cabriolet models are built at the Karman factory in Osnabruck, leaving the ability to continue to produce and sell the RS 4 Cabriolet beyond the sedan a known reality.
      Knowing these, and hearing Audi of America was considering the car, we thought it might be a done deal. Well, as with any rumors that far out and no matter how high the source, rumors are subject to change. For whatever reason, though probably costs due to the strong Euro, the RS 4 Cabriolet for the U.S.A. is now off. If the idea sways back into the positive, we'll let you know, but for now it's sedan-only B7 RS 4s for the USA.

2. 12-27-2006 02:47 PM #2
      The RS4 convertible is 19% more expensive than the regular RS4 in Germany. This would work out to a 78,000 RS4 convertible.

3. 12-27-2006 11:36 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by chewym »
      The RS4 convertible is 19% more expensive than the regular RS4 in Germany. This would work out to a 78,000 RS4 convertible.

It never ends..............

Cars
      2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      12-28-2006 11:12 AM #4
      Keep in mind that when you do a straight currency conversion, it doesn't work out properly for several reasons:
      1) European prices include VAT (value added tax = sales tax) which is substantial (16%, if memory serves me correct);
      2) Audi prices their vehicles depending on country demand and market conditions. A fully loaded A8 sells for significantly more in Europe than here in the US because Audi can command more in the Eurozone than in North America.
      3) If you're using a currency converter that uses the most updated values, remember that Audi doesn't calculate the sales price in the US the same way.

5. Senior Member
      12-28-2006 12:46 PM #5
      It really tells you how Audi takes priorities when it comes to import exciting models to different markets.

6. 12-28-2006 04:31 PM #6
      Well, I actually did not do a straight currency conversion. I said that the RS4 cabriolet in Germany is 19% more expensive than the German RS4 sedan. I would think that Audi would price the convertible RS4 at a higher price if it came here. The S4 cabriolet is significantly more here than the regular S4 sedan. So with those calculation I came up with the price. It is an estimate but not one of those that just takes the German price in Euro and converts it to American. I am sure if the RS4 cabriolet did come here it would be around 10,000+ more than the regular RS4, which my calculation easily shows.