Know few had tried these and had good results with similar list of mods. I wanted to provide an update and look for some new options to fine tune things.
After driving the car for a season with the list of mods and changed including the grooves in the cylinder head, I'm please with the power increase, but the dyno chart shows I'm running lean 14:1 from 2k to 6k then goes rich. I suspect an air leak ?
My list of mods made at the same time the grooves where done:
* Self ported head, polished chambers ( but didn't get a valve job at this time)
* Adjustable cam gear
*Kent Gs2 cam (based on the lift measurements and the internet user claiming to have the same cam with the same markings)
*Increased compression to 9.5:1
*All out ported A1 intake manifold ( flows %25 more than stock)
* A2 throttle body
* custom intake air tube
* new Mercedes brass 190E injectors
Few things i have noticed:
1) the engine runs cool(er) lower oil temp etc then last year..
2) been running with US spec cheap gas with out destroying the engine
3) The engine wants to idle at 500 rpms, It seems that the engine would benefit from a different ignition curve, like less initial. ??
4) I don't know about mileage, I don't keep track- I don't think I'm getting worse mileage than before all my performance upgrades. So lots more power for the same mileage is good.
5) Power increase is noticeable
About Grooves: http://scientificrabbit.com/in...id=14
My Setup info in the signature..
Winter tare down plans are to fix the grooves length and up the compression to 10:1.
I need to do a compression test too before I tare things apart.
Modified by ny_fam at 1:28 AM 12-14-2006
Modified by ny_fam at 1:30 AM 12-14-2006
Modified by ny_fam at 3:42 PM 12-24-2006