VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Porsche 6 pistons Cayenne calipers on my RS4

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  M this 1! 
#1 ·
Okay Guys,
I have a 2001 RS4(b5) and i've bought Cayenne calipers for my car.
I know the Cayenne's rotors are 352 mm compared to the RS4's 360mm,can i just mount the calipers or do i need to "adjust" the mounting bracket of the caliper a bit?
The offset is the same so they fit fore sure(it has been done but i just want to be sure)
(what i mean is that maybe the difference is so small that i don't need to adjust the bracket)....

somebody done this?

Modified by VRSIX- at 2:10 PM 1-15-2006

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Porsche 6 pistons Cayenne calipers on my RS4 (traffic)

Quote, originally posted by traffic »
Sorry for the non-helpful post. But I'm really curious.
How many people on the 'tex have an RS4? What's wrong with the brkaes that come with the car?

Hey traffic, don't ask questions like that. Better that the market gets flooded with used RS4 brake parts so you can upgrade your A4

#4 ·
Re: Porsche 6 pistons Cayenne calipers on my RS4 (phatvw)

Quote, originally posted by phatvw »

Hey traffic, don't ask questions like that. Better that the market gets flooded with used RS4 brake parts so you can upgrade your A4

Good point!
Hey those RS4 brakes are garbage. If you want, I can probably help you out by buying them from you.

#5 ·

Heheh you greedy &^%$^&!!

Besides that i'm in Europe,I'm not selling them guys.....
Guess that i'm alone on this one.....

Oh and indeed the RS4's brakes are not up to the task if you have it chipped or do trackdays (i don't do that but that doesn't matter)
The Cayenne 6 pots have a reputation to be VERY powerfull....
Very strange that none of you US guys have these on your S4 (b5)'s
It's a cost effective mod.....

Modified by VRSIX- at 1:30 PM 1-17-2006

Modified by VRSIX- at 1:31 PM 1-17-2006

#11 ·

VRSix,
I'd doubt you'd want to just run the caliper over your rotors. that 8mm diameter difference is obviously 4mm at the caliper. that's alot of pad to overhang. this will cause dragging of the rotor thru the pads once a lip is created..........which will not be very long. it'd be cheaper to get the ECS or equivalent aluminum hatted rotor and adapter....not to mention more powerful from the sweep area gain.

#12 ·
Re: Porsche 6 pistons Cayenne calipers on my RS4 (M this 1!)

You are right!
I've got the problem solved by now.
I've had the rotors machined to 352 mm diameter and the calipers fit very nice now.
Just trying to get the pads bedded and enjoying the awesome stopping power!

As you can see the pads don't clear the complete rotor yet but this pic was taken immediately after mounting the calipers.

Modified by VRSIX- at 10:21 PM 1-22-2006

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.