VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Jetta GLX After-Run Coolant Pump does NOT stop running

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  erbeynam 
#1 ·
It is killing my battery.
After disconnecting the battery or the fuse from the control module it stops.
Once I run the car again it starts and do not stop until I do the above.
When I remove the yellow After-run Thermoswitch it does not stop.
Help?

#2 ·
Re: Jetta GLX After-Run Coolant Pump does NOT stop running (erbeynam)

Cant help but i can definitely empathize with your coolant issues. I know that it is controlled by a fuse that resides on the coolant fan control module(mine is a mk3) that resides under the reservoir(fuse is on right(5amp)). might want to start there. I just ordered the module because my fan is not working correctly... best of luck

#5 ·
It was not long ago I had the dealer change my thermostat and fan control module
Now again the pump is running all the time and the fans are not working. I shorted the connector on the thermostat housing and fans run fine.
Looks like a realy is stucked and when I disconnect the fuse at the control module pump stopped.
Is there a relay for the pump?

#7 ·
Re: (erbeynam)

There's some kind of deal on FCMs for Corrados due to a significant cooling system problem. Supposedly you can buy a kit which among other things, includes a FCM for about $50-60. I'm not sure if the connectors on the FCM for the Corrado and your car are the same, but it's worth looking into. I would post a thread in the Corrado thread and ask those guys. I'm sure a significant percentage of them have taken advantage of the special deal.
Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.