Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 08-23-2005 12:19 AM #1
      It is killing my battery.
      After disconnecting the battery or the fuse from the control module it stops.
      Once I run the car again it starts and do not stop until I do the above.

When I remove the yellow After-run Thermoswitch it does not stop.

Help?

2. 08-23-2005 03:13 PM #2
      Cant help but i can definitely empathize with your coolant issues. I know that it is controlled by a fuse that resides on the coolant fan control module(mine is a mk3) that resides under the reservoir(fuse is on right(5amp)). might want to start there. I just ordered the module because my fan is not working correctly... best of luck
      Porsches and VWs.

3. 08-23-2005 08:01 PM #3
      It sounds like an issue with the fan control module.

Gary

08-23-2005 10:09 PM #4
      bump, mine dose the same thing

5. 08-24-2005 12:25 PM #5
      It was not long ago I had the dealer change my thermostat and fan control module

Now again the pump is running all the time and the fans are not working. I shorted the connector on the thermostat housing and fans run fine.
      Looks like a realy is stucked and when I disconnect the fuse at the control module pump stopped.
      Is there a relay for the pump?

6. 08-25-2005 01:28 PM #6
      Do you guys know where can I find a cheap Fan Control Module?

7. 08-25-2005 08:05 PM #7
      There's some kind of deal on FCMs for Corrados due to a significant cooling system problem. Supposedly you can buy a kit which among other things, includes a FCM for about $50-60. I'm not sure if the connectors on the FCM for the Corrado and your car are the same, but it's worth looking into. I would post a thread in the Corrado thread and ask those guys. I'm sure a significant percentage of them have taken advantage of the special deal.

Gary

8. 08-25-2005 08:36 PM #8
      thanks